Saturday, 21 March 2009

Week 9 and 10- The oldest digital native you know.

The oldest digital native I know, if you think of digital natives as being those bought up with technology such as prensky states, would have to be my cousin who has just turned 25, shes has grown up with technology and using it through out her education. She uses facebook and chat services such as MSN to keep in touch with the family and with friends, she works in an office and therefore has to use computers everyday and know how to work them! She has the same accent as I do and speaks the digital native language that prensky talks about.
However if you look at digital native in the sense that the person knows way more about technology and has the knowledge to be classed as a digital native, I would say that my granddad would come in this category, he is obviously a digital immigrant by his age (70) however he knows how to use computer and software far better than I do and knows the language to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment